CA Nimsoft Monitor 7.0 is the latest major release of the solution. This release includes:
- Nimsoft Management Server (the core application engine)
- Unified Management Portal (web interface)
- Unified Reporter (advanced reporting engine)
- Nimsoft Mobile 7.0 (mobile app for IOS and Android)
This release significantly increases performance and time to value.
Features & Benefits
Nimsoft Monitor Server 7.0
- Improved automated discovery, with enhanced device correlation
- Improved hub performance
- Inbound and outbound processing multi-threaded
- Throughput performance improvements as high as 400%
- Queued messages written to fixed-sized files to improve start-up
- Admin Console now communicates via port 8080 by default. Secure communication using HTTPS via port 8443 is an option.
- The configuration process for self-signed certificates is simplified, with 2048 bit security as the default.
Unified Management Portal 7.0
- Admin Console configuration viewer provides a read-only view of probe configuration information, allowing quick access to probe configuration details.
- USM enhancements include improvements to performance and usability
- Device views displays multiple IP addresses, MAC addresses and other device attributes
- New Nimsoft Monitor Health icon enables quick access to the Admin Console from USM.
- The Discovery Wizard has been redesigned for improved discovery workflow and is now launched from the Inventory node or from the Actions menu.
- The Inventory view is updated as discovery runs and new nodes are highlighted for easier recognition.
- Updates to the Inventory view can be paused and resumed, providing better control when selecting inventory nodes for additional action.
- The status of discovery is displayed at the top of the Inventory list within the Inventory view.
- To enhance ease of use, the SMTP email server settings are now configurable within Report Scheduler.
- SLA reports and Report Scheduler allow control over the level of detail in PDF versions of SLA reports.
Unified Reporter 7.0
- The Ad hoc report UI now includes new time series chart types (line, Spline, Area and Area Spline), providing improved plotting of monitoring data.
- A generic update provides quality and security improvements.
• View and manage alarms on Android and IOS devices.
- Quickly find important alarms with new sorting features based on time, severity, hostname, hub and more.
- Support for pagination of alarms and localization.
Key Links for CA Nimsoft Monitor 7.0
NMS Installer Packages:
- Nimsoft Management Server 7.0 GA Windows Install Package
- Nimsoft Management Server 7.0 GA Linux Install Package
- Nimsoft Management Server 7.0 GA Solaris Install Package
- NMS Release Notes
- NMS Installation Guide
- NMS Server Configuration Guide
- NMS Admin Console Guide
- NMS Discovery User Guide
- NMS Topology and Root Cause User Guide
UMP Installer Packages:
- Nimsoft Unified Management Portal 7.0 GA Windows Install Package
- Nimsoft Unified Management Portal 7.0 GA Linux Install Package
- Nimsoft Unified Management Portal 7.0 GA Solaris Install Package
UR Installer Packages:
- Nimsoft Unified Reporter 7.0 GA Windows Install Package
- Nimsoft Unified Reporter 7.0 GA Linux Install Package
- Nimsoft Unified Reporter 7.0 GA Solaris Install Package.
- Unified Reporter Release Notes
- Unified Reporter Quick Start Guide
- Unified Reporter Installation Guide
Learn more about CA Nimsoft Monitor today!