APMdigest recently published a three-part exclusive interview with Aruna Ravichandran, Vice President of Product and Solution Marketing for Application Performance Management and DevOps at CA Technologies. In the series, Aruna shares her thoughts on the benefits, challenges & future direction of the APM market as well as CA’s APM offerings. For updates on the CA [...]
The largest annual SAP Technology event, SAPPHIRE NOW, begins tomorrow in Orlando and runs through Thursday, June 5 in Orlando, Fl. If you are planning to attend the event and looking to get updates on the latest developments to products that support your SAP implementations that will help drive actionable insights that enable your business [...]
The third wave of the evolution of Application Performance Management (APM) is almost upon us. To ensure CA stays ahead of the game, we’ve already begun the next stage of transformation in order to keep us, our partners and customers ahead of the competition. For us, this change is part of the natural order. With [...]
One of the many benefits of an APM SaaS solution is that users are always running on the most current version without having to do anything to get there. Last weekend we rolled out a new version of CA APM Cloud Monitor. This was done seamlessly as it was four weekends ago and will be [...]
As public, private and hybrid cloud becomes mainstream and applications are transitioning to these complex environments, IT pros must effectively manage applications running on mobile devices, legacy mainframes, traditional multi-tier application servers and everywhere in the middle. This operational complexity makes it difficult for IT to have complete control over the environment. At the same [...]
As Featured in Smart Enterprise Magazine Organizations are leveraging Big Data and analytics techniques to optimize manufacturing, retail and other key business decisions. IT organizations are asked to support the systems, such as Hadoop or Dremel, that serve the end users that rely on them. Increasingly however, IT is dealing with its own “Big Data” [...]
Register for the Webcast, February 25thIn the 4th annual survey that CIO’s IDG Research Services conducted with their community members, it is not surprising to find that, consistent with previous years’ results, IT organizations are putting an ever increasing importance on the ability to meet user expectations. What may be surprising, however, are data that reveal [...]
Two market surveys underscore the evolution of network performance managementCA Technologies recently conducted two market surveys that underscore the evolution in how teams are approaching network performance management. What’s clear from the results is that it’s no longer good enough to keep the network up and running. Network teams need to be able to proactively [...]
The APM Global User Community is ringing in 2014 with an action-packed first quarter. The APM Board of Directors is committed to providing the very best value to community members. The first quarter line up of community activities is already set:
- January 16, 2014 – Steve Meller, CEO of Business Service Assurance, will present best practices for data extraction from APM. Marc Chene, CA Principal Product Manager, will also make a brief product announcement. Don’t miss it!
- February 20, 2014 – Have you submitted a product Idea for APM? Have you ever used the CA escalation process? The APM Idea & Escalation Workshop will be presented by the CA APM Product Team and John McDermott from the CA Global Escalation Management team. Enhancements versus Escalations: Bring your questions about Ideas and the CA Escalation process.
- March 20, 2014 – The APM Product Team will give a quarterly product update.
With 2013 in the books, it’s been another great year for the Service Assurance Daily blog. Our Top 5 posts of the year:
- Six Important Truths about CA Nimsoft Monitor Snap
Some of our competitors have been spreading misinformation about CA Nimsoft Monitor Snap, our new free IT monitoring solution. So Ken Adamson takes the opportunity to offer a number of corrections.
- Faster Application Performance Troubleshooting with Advanced Automated Analytics
Introducing CA Application Performance Management 9.5 with Application Behavior Analytics for faster troubleshooting.
- Announcing General Availability of CA Nimsoft Monitor 7.0
CA Nimsoft Monitor 7.0 is the latest major release of the solution and features a number of new enhancements and features.
- CA Nimsoft Monitor Snap: Free of Charge, and Free of Hassles and Re-dos
This is a guest post from Michael Tarajos, technical solutions engineer at Airlines Reporting Corporation. Michael is one of our first customers that tried out the new CA Nimsoft Monitor Snap tool and shares his experience with it here.
- Tale of the Tape: CA Nimsoft Monitor Snap Vs the Competition
Want to learn how CA Nimsoft Monitor Snap ranks against other monitoring products? Be sure to check out this blog post from Apprize360 and their new report “Comparative Analysis of Free IT Monitoring Platforms.”
Thank you for reading in 2013 and hope you have a prosperous 2014.
The last week before Christmas could be do or die for both shoppers and merchants as people scramble to make those last minute purchases. Merchants stand to gain if they are prepared to meet the customer’s needs, one of which is a positive on-line shopping experience. Years ago a commonly accepted response time for a web site was around eight seconds, in reality today it’s probably more like four. With so many alternatives for on-line shopping for the same or similar merchandise a poor performing website could cost retailers millions in lost sales. According to Adobe System’s recently released Digital Index Cyber Monday generated $2.29 Billion in sales, of which approximately 42% of was online only transactions with a peak of $150 million in one hour.
With so much at stake it’s no wonder that retailers are doing everything they can to streamline their websites for a better shopping experience from everything through the look-and-feel to speed. Speed alone however isn’t enough. The bigger picture has to focus on availability, performance, and consistency. We’ve been using CA Technologies APM Cloud Monitor solution to monitor more than 50 websites to better understand how well various retailers are doing in those areas. Generally speaking there is good news but there are also some speed bumps in the process for some.
Availability has been good overall, with some sites achieving or approaching 100%. Those that haven’t achieved 100% availability run the risk of losing sales. For example, we’ve observed several sites at 97% availability. That equates to a little over 20 hours of down time, which could be costly if the period of unavailability occurred during peak times. Availability alone, however, isn’t enough of an indicator. A poor performing web site that is 100% available but has long transaction times is likely to find more abandoned shopping carts than a web site with consistently fast transaction times that result in a better overall customer experience.
The business runs on IT. IT is getting more complex. Resources are thin. How do you keep pace?
J.P. Garbani, vice president and principal analyst at Forrester Research, Inc., joined us for a webcast on that very topic titled Fact or Fiction: Traditional APM is Enough To Keep Pace with Growing Complexity. In this webcast, which you can watch below, you’ll learn about:
- The factors driving today’s complexity, which include falling hardware prices and exponential growth in operation system size
- How complexity is past the point of human capacity
- Current pain points in application performance management (root cause is still elusive to many)
- Why the Circle of Blame is still a popular way to problem solve
- This fun fact: 60% of problems are not seen by IT or its management systems first, meaning end-users/customers are doing the complaining. That is a scary fact. For all the talk we in the industry do about proactive monitoring, we’re still not doing a very good job at it.
- Why IT analytics can help cut complexity and solve problems more effectively
If you’re drowning in IT management data or find yourself stuck in a Circle of Blame every time there’s an application performance issue, then this webcast is for you.
- Atul B: It is appropriate to note that, on the 50th birthd...
- Bradford Fuller: This converged approach will provide simple, near ...
- The Importance of Continuous Capacity Planning ...: [...] The importance of capacity planning is more ...
- Big Data Analytics, Business Processes & Ap...: [...] IT orgs need to continually improve ability ...
- Issues with Data Center Energy | DatacenterHQ.com: [...] Global Energy Prices and Demand Drive Need...
Recent Tweets From @CAsvcAssur
Follow @CAsvcAssur on Twitter